I love creating beautiful delicious dishes, that are almost too pretty to eat but my healthy recipes don’t last long around my friends and family. Ok, Ok, who am I kidding, they don’t last long around me either. I promise you too will have the same issue.
After snacking on a healthy dish, you feel better, lighter, and ready to go, unlike processed food causing you to feel heavy and tired.
The problem most people tend to have is time, they want to cook these meals but their schedule is so jammed packed, they can’t fathom spending any time over the stove. I want to change that for you, I want you to feel great about cooking again and get back in the kitchen because 30 minutes is all you need to make a healthy recipe.
Renata’s Healthy Recipes #1
15 Minute Weekday Lunch Salad
- 1.5 cups Arugula
- 1/2 Avaocado
- 3 Radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 Poached Eggs
- Feta Cheese, crumbled (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Whisk well and set aside.
How To Poach Your Egg
- Bring water to a boil.
- When boiling add a teaspoon of white vinegar.
- Gently crack egg into the water.
- Cover the pot and remove from heat for 4-5 mintues.
- Gently remove the egg with a spoon.
Putting Your Salad Together
- Combine arugula, avocado, and radishes together in a bowl.
- Pour in dressing and mix well.
- Add crumbled feta cheese.
- Plate and add poached egg gently on top.
- Take photos, tag @nosugar.morespice, and enjoy.
A quick tip is to pre-slice radishes a head of time and keep in them a container of water to stay fresh and ready to grab when you are making this salad again.
If you are scared of avocado because of its strange shelf life we found a great article that will help you in knowing when they are ripe and how to quicken it up.
Renata’s Healthy Recipes #2
30 Minute Protein Packed Dinner
For The Chicken
- 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 tbsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp tamarind puree
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1-1.5 cup Spinach
- 1 Peach, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic
- Goat cheese (I use honey flavor)
- Peanuts (for taste)
- Pre-heat over to 350-370F
- Wash chicken breast in cool water and pat dry
- Mix spices together well and coat both sides of chicken.
- Place in baking dish and bake in oven for 20 mins.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together olive oil and balsamic and put into the fridge.
- Plate your chicken, add your spinch and top with peaches, goat cheese , peanuts, and your freshely made dressing.
- Take a photo and tag @nosugar.morespice and enjoy!
This is another meal you can cook multiple pieces for and have in the fridge for another dinner. Chicken is an excellent source of protein and keeps well for another meal. Just double up your spices and make some extra room in your baking dish.
This chicken is covered in lots of healthy goodness but do you know the health benefits of tamarind? Learn more here.
Renata’s Healthy Recipes #3
5 Minute Healthy Dessert Option
- 1/3-1/2 cup Greek Non-Fat Yoghurt
- handful Frozen Wild Blueberries
- handful Frozen Mango
- handful Honey Flavoured Granola
- pinch Dark Chocolate, crumbled
- pinch Coconut Flakes
- Mix everything together and BAM! Dessert is served.
- Snap a quick photo, tag @nosugar.morespice on Instagram and enjoy!
There are lots of ways you can change this quick and easy recipe to suit your preferences by switching or adding in different frozen fruit. Have extra nuts in your pantry, throw a handful in. Even adding some flax seeds will make it an extra healthy treat.
Wondering how chocolate can be included in healthy recipes? Well, the good news is that dark chocolate is much different from our beloved milk chocolate and is actually packed full of nutrients and health benefits. We found 7 proven health benefits that will make you add chocolate to most of your dessert dishes.
No matter which healthy recipes you choose to make, remember it is all about balance. Your food intake is just as important as your workout routine. Physical activity has been proven to have short-term benefits for our digestion. When you start to work out you start to increase your blood flow towards the digestive tract and muscles that are helping move the food along. Not to mention, it can also help you with stomach cramps, heartburn, and multiple other annoying issues our body throws at us.
Make sure to check in often for more healthy recipes, follow me on Instagram, and leave me a comment below. I look forward to seeing your Under 30 Minute Healthy Recipes come to life.